Here is another bird that may be a pest to you, if you have house sparrows problems, read on.
- Identification- The House Sparrow is a small, stocky bird that is not a true sparrow but belongs to the family called weaver finches. The house sparrow is 5 to 6 inches long with a conical bill and brown and grey feathers. The male has a black throat and white crown, while the female has a white throat and dull eye stripe. Sparrows build messy nests of twigs, string, paper, and grass in any covered, elevated spots, typically in larger buildings such as warehouses, stadiums, and airport hangars. Sparrows primarily eat grain, but they also feed on fruit, seeds, insects, livestock feed, and discarded food scraps. House sparrows have become very dependent on humans for food and shelter, and they nest, roost, and feed in large groups within a range of one to two miles.
- Sparrow Problems- Sparrows can be difficult to control because of their rapid breeding. Sparrow flocks are aggressive enough to drive out other, more desirable bird species. Sparrows’ nests in electrical areas may cause shorts and fires, and congregations in poultry and hog farm facilities pose serious feed contamination threats. House sparrows are associated with over 25 diseases and many ectoparasites.
- Getting Rid of Sparrows
- Food sources in particular should be as inaccessible as possible, particularly in urban areas such as commercial dumpsters and fast food parking lots.
- Scare products have little effectiveness on sparrow populations.
- Exclusion such as bird netting is highly effective in preventing sparrow nesting.
- A tactile repellent such as 4 The Birds Repellent Gel may be applied to ledges, sills, roofs, peaks, cornices, bridges, and overpasses to deter birds from landing.
About Pigeon Patrol:
Pigeon Patrol Products & Services is the leading manufacturer and distributor of bird deterrent (control) products in Canada. Pigeon Patrol products have solved pest bird problems in industrial, commercial, and residential settings since 2000, by using safe and humane bird deterrents with only bird and animal friendly solutions. At Pigeon Patrol, we manufacture and offer a variety of bird deterrents, ranging from Ultra-flex Bird Spikes with UV protection, Bird Netting, 4-S Gel and the best Ultrasonic and audible sound devices on the market today.
Contact us at 1- 877– 4– NO-BIRD, (604) 585-9279 or visit our website at www.pigeonpatrol.ca
Bird Gone, Pigeon Gone, Seagull Gone, Pigeon problems, pigeon spikes, 1-877-4NO-BIRD, 4-S Gel, Bird Control, Pigeon Control, bird repellent, Bird Spikes, sonic bird repellent, stainless steel bird spikes, bird spikes Vancouver, Ultra Sonic Bird Control, Bird Netting, Plastic Bird Spikes, Canada bird spike deterrents, Pigeon Pests, B Gone Pigeon, Pigeon Patrol, pest controller, pest control operator, pest control technician, Pigeon Control Products, humane pigeon spikes, pigeon deterrents, pigeon traps, Pigeon repellents, Sound & Laser Deterrents, wildlife control, raccoon, skunk, squirrel deterrent, De-Fence Spikes, Dragons Den, Canada bird spikes, Canada pigeon, pigeon control, pidgon patrol, pidgon. Kill pigeons, crow, starling